Sunday, November 7, 2010

Meet Butterfinger

Farm living has been an interesting experience for us.  I wasn’t sure if I would like it, but it’s not too bad.  We will see what the future holds for us, because we hope to find a home to buy in the next 6-9 months and it may or may not be in the country.  I think for me I will know where I want to live when I walk into that perfect home that feels like the place I can live for a very long time.  Until then we will continue to enjoy living in the country and hope that no more animals adopt us.  A few weeks ago we had this pretty orange and white cat show up on our doorstep.  I felt bad for her so fed her and have been taking care of her since then.  The girls fell head over heels in love with her, play with her every day, feed and water her.  Yes, she is an outdoor cat because I am terribly allergic, but if I wasn’t I am pretty sure I would let her inside.  For a stray she is so sweet and tolerates the girls handling her very well.  Every now and then she gets mad at Ava, but I kind of understand!   As I type, Dana and the girls are in the shop building a box for her so she doesn’t get too cold this winter.  She has a little bed we bought her to go inside the box.  Over the past week or so we have had a couple other cats hanging out too.  I think they belong to the neighbor, but every now and then one of the kittens will be sleeping with Butterfinger.  We named one of the neighborhood cats Snickers to go with Butterfinger.  As much as we feel sorry for the poor stray cats, only Butterfinger will be moving with us when we find a house! 

IMG_4085 (2)-1

No comments:

Post a Comment