Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Holidays!

I love this time of year!  I love it even more now that we live closer to family and friends!  I have seen my mom, dad, brother and in-laws more in the last 6 months than I did in the 11 years we lived in Kansas.  It is so nice being able to drive a couple hours, spend the day with family and drive back home and sleep in our own beds.  We don’t have to pack for a week and jump from place to place.  It’s more quality time rather than the stress of spending hours upon hours on the road and of course the time it takes to pack and unpack at each place!  My mom and Dan spent last weekend at our house for Christmas.  They even spent Saturday with the girls so Dana and I could finish our Christmas shopping.  Christmas day will be spent at my brother’s house then the day after we will head to Dana’s family Christmas. 

This Christmas Santa will be able to leave gifts at our house instead of searching for us on the many adventures we have taken over the years driving back to Iowa.  He has found us every year, but never in our own home (with the exception of the year I was pregnant with Ava and not traveling). 

For Christmas this year I want to be surrounded by my family and friends and I would really really really like a new house!  :-)  Oh, and a few dozen bottles of my new favorite wine, STELLA ROSA, discovered at a wine tasting that I went to last month with friends from work. 

Ava wants a Baby All Gone Baby Alive doll and has asked Santa for it many times.  Santa has left hints that he is pretty sure if she is a good little girl she will get what she asked for.

Morgan wants a lot of things for Christmas and changes her mind daily!  It must be those pre-teen girl hormones.  I can’t believe she is going to be 9 in less than 2 months.  Some days she acts like she is a CrAzY 13 year old!  She has also discovered texting with a friend!  UGH!  Santa thinks it could be possible she might get the camera she asked for this year, but if the attitude continues she may be getting coal!

We are not really sure what Dana wants.  He doesn’t ask for much.  Tools are always a safe bet with him, but this year I am guessing he would really like to not have to blow so much snow!  I think he also really really really wants a new house!

Here’s hoping the holidays are filled with joy and you get all that you wish for! 

IMG_4380 -5copy

No comments:

Post a Comment