Monday, February 28, 2011

A Work in Progress

Once again my blog has been pushed aside for more important things.  It has been well over a month since my last post and it doesn’t seem like life is getting any less crazy.  Since my last post we have moved into our new home and celebrated 2 birthdays.  We have spent even more time with family and friends and I have put several coats of paint on the walls of my house.  I have packed and unpacked boxes and I have organized rooms, dressers, cabinets and so much more!  I have cooked meals for friends, gone out on dates, eaten out with family, and have plans of so much more.  Morgan has started her new school and Ava her new daycare.  They both love their new settings and are adjusting well.  The weather has had its ups and downs, but Spring is just around the corner, the sun is shining and all is good!  I have so much to do in my house, but I am in no hurry to finish.  I have forever to do what I need to do and am hoping to hit up some great flea markets and antique shows this summer to help me decorate!  It is a work in progress and I am ok with that because it is mine!  We LOVE living in small town Iowa and can’t wait for warm weather so we can play at the park and meet more friends.  Our neighborhood is full of kids and I am excited for my girls to be able to play outside safely, in a small town, with a neighborhood full of the screams and giggles of kids enjoying summer! 

I have to say that I have been horrible at taking pictures since we have moved.  I have friends asking me to post pictures of my new house and I promise that I will.  I hope that once it warms up a bit we can get outside and take more photos!  Now that I have a huge basement maybe I will even have space for a few backdrops.  Since I hate to post without photos I will share a couple birthday pictures.  They are not the best, but still memories of the whirlwind we have been through over the past couple months.  I feel a little bad that the girls got kind of cheated out of their birthday this year.  Ava’s was celebrated on the floor of our new house before we even moved furniture in and Morgan’s was celebrated with one set of grandparents coming to visit.  Otherwise we have had various meals out with grandparents, cards in the mail, etc. but no real party for either of them.  We have promised a trip to the Mall of America for their birthday so look for pictures in the next couple months for that trip! 

IMG_4075IMG_4078IMG_4178IMG_4190IMG_4191IMG_4195

Overall, this move has been the best one so far and will be the last for a very very very long time!  We did have to get rid of Butterfinger the cat though.  Morgan was pretty sad about it, but she went to a very good home and is just as spoiled with her new family.  I have promised the girls a puppy someday so we will see…….. 

No comments:

Post a Comment